30 Days of Exercise
It has been a while since I have posted on PamperMe 30; I have had so much in my life change in the last nine months that I have decided to live my life very differently. It take only ONE life altering event to make you realize that you only live once and you need to make it the best life you can. With that said I have decided to get in shape, and live a healthier life style. I want to start a habit of working out daily; I heard it takes 21 days to form a habit so I have decided to begin working out everyday for 30 days, documenting each day until I have form a healthy habit of getting in shape...Wish Me Luck :)
1:59 AM

DINNER IN 30 - Day 13 EGG SALAD SANDWICH



I had a long day today:( We are getting ready for a major snow storm here in the northeast. All I wanted to do after work today was get home before the snow started; I was going to stop by the grocery store after work today but after seeing how long the lines were yesterday I decided against it. I finally decided the only thing I really wanted if I was going to be snowed in the next couple of day was Malibu Coconut Rum:) So when my long day ended I made my way to the Liquor store closest to my home to pick up my drink of choice only to find that the lines were just as long. My first thought was Damn all of these people need a drink if they have to be stuck in the house with love ones this weekend (lol), but when I got home Taj reminded me that it was Super Bowl weekend so that could explain the lines.

When I finally made it home it was almost 8pm, to late to really make a decent dinner so I went on line and found a easy egg salad recipe and had a sandwich for Dinner. I feel bad that I did not make a decent dinner so I decided to give you the recipe for the Peanut Butter Cookies I made the other night as well::) I hope you enjoy both!!!


EGG SALAD SANDWICH:

* 2 eggs
* 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
* 1/4 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
* 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1/8 teaspoon paprika

Directions
This recipe's Ingredients were scaled to yield a new amount. The directions below still refer to the original recipe yield of 4 servings.

1. Place egg in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
2. Place the chopped eggs in a bowl, and stir in the mayonnaise, mustard and green onion. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Stir and serve on your favorite bread or crackers.




PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES:


Ingredients

* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 cup peanut butter
* 1 cup shortening
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 2 tablespoons hot water
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 eggs

Directions

1. Mix sugars, peanut butter, and shortening. Add baking soda to the hot water. Add to mixture. Stir well.
2. Stir in the eggs. Add the flour. Roll dough into balls.
3. Place balls on ungreased cookie sheet. Press with fork dipped in water to make criss-cross design. Bake at 350 - 375 degrees F (175 - 190 degrees C) for about 8-10 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment