30 Days of Exercise
It has been a while since I have posted on PamperMe 30; I have had so much in my life change in the last nine months that I have decided to live my life very differently. It take only ONE life altering event to make you realize that you only live once and you need to make it the best life you can. With that said I have decided to get in shape, and live a healthier life style. I want to start a habit of working out daily; I heard it takes 21 days to form a habit so I have decided to begin working out everyday for 30 days, documenting each day until I have form a healthy habit of getting in shape...Wish Me Luck :)
12:45 AM

DINNER IN 30 - Day 2 BAKED CHICKEN WITH HERBS


Today was a lazy day. I had to go to the doctor because I sprained my ankle at work on Saturday. I have been hobbling around the house for 1 1/2 day. Saturday was the worst. I fell on AN ORANGE (no laughter please)someone threw one on the ground right in front of a step. Someone tried to take me down with fruit (lol):) You cant image some of the jokes I have heard the past 2 days:) Well, the doctor told me today it was a bad sprain and it will take 72 hours for the swelling to peak, then go down. I have taken off tomorrow to allow that to happen, and keep it iced throughout the day. It a good thing I have decide to cook for the next 30 days because it would have been a challenge to do anything else.

I pulled out the IPOD, opened a bottle of red, and hobbled happily around the kitchen getting my DINNER FOR ONE READY this evening:) I tried to shake it to the music a little but having only one good foot you just image how I looked:)

My dinner pick this evening took a little more time, and time is all I had tonight so I said why not. I made BAKED CHICKEN WITH HERBS. I must say it was SOOOO GOOD!!! I always told everyone I did not like mushrooms, but after tonight I can never say that again. The way the mushrooms taste after they finish cooking in the sauce with chicken. SOOO GOOD:) The chicken came out so tender and tasty:) On a scale of 1-5, I give it a 5.

BAKED CHICKEN WITH HERBS

Ingredients:

* 6 chicken breast halves
* salt and pepper
* 1/4 cup butter
* 6 to 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
* 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken soup
* 3/4 cup dry white wine
* 1 can (5 ounces) water chestnuts, drained, sliced
* 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon leaf thyme, crushed
* 1/4 teaspoon leaf basil

Preparation:
Wash chicken and pat dry; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat; cook chicken slowly until browned, turning to brown both sides. Remove chicken pieces to an 11x7 or 13x9-inch baking dish. Add mushrooms to the skillet and sauté until tender. Add soup to skillet then slowly stir in wine. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover baking dish with foil and bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 to 25 minutes longer, until chicken is tender and juices run clear. Serve with hot cooked rice or noodles.

Recipe from SouthernFood Online.

0 comments:

Post a Comment