30 Days of Exercise
It has been a while since I have posted on PamperMe 30; I have had so much in my life change in the last nine months that I have decided to live my life very differently. It take only ONE life altering event to make you realize that you only live once and you need to make it the best life you can. With that said I have decided to get in shape, and live a healthier life style. I want to start a habit of working out daily; I heard it takes 21 days to form a habit so I have decided to begin working out everyday for 30 days, documenting each day until I have form a healthy habit of getting in shape...Wish Me Luck :)
7:58 PM

DINNER IN 30 - Day 1 GARLIC SHRIMP


I have finish my month long Pamperfest, and realize I don't want it to end. Pampering myself for a month was heavenly, it was something I now realize I need just for me. I was taking Me for granted, I did not fully value Me. Looking back at some of the things I did to pamper myself I realize that doing something small for myself like waxing my eyebrows or taking a bubble bath or talking to my good friend; all of those small things had a HUGH affect on my mood. It made me really happy. I was going through my life (like so many other woman) always trying to make other people happy. I am not saying that is a bad thing, but once in awhile a woman should spend time thinking of ways to make herself happy. I got to do that for 30 days straight, and I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF TI!!! I loved it some much I don't want to stop.

I have decided to cook dinner for myself for 30 days (DINNER IN 30). After my DINNER FOR ONE post I realize that I really enjoyed cooking for myself. I never really took time to cook, maybe because I am always preparing the same meals over and over again. I have decide to go online and find new recipes to try over the next 30 day. I am going to organize my kitchen, turn on the music, break out the liquor (every cook should have a drinkie drink while cooking:) and get my cook on!!

My first meal was tonight and I decided to make GARLIC SHRIMP OVER RICE AND BROCCOLI.
It was an easy and quick meal; most of my time was spent preparing the rice. I also had to improvise I did not have any parsley in the house so I threw in some Broccoli:) I had my ipod on shakin it to QUEEN, drinking a Margarita and doing my thing in the kitchen. A nice way to pamper myself:)

Garlic Shrimp
This recipe for shrimp is made with lots of garlic, butter, olive oil, lemon juice, fresh parsley or basil, and seasoning.
Ingredients:

* 1/3 cup butter
* 1 1/2 to 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 4 to 6 medium cloves garlic, crushed and minced
* 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
* 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
* salt, to taste

Preparation:
In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat until butter stops foaming, about 30 to 45 seconds. Add the shrimp and garlic and sauté over medium heat, turning frequently until the shrimp just turn pink, about 4 to 5 minutes.

Add the parsley, lemon juice, and salt; stir well. Remove the pan from the heat and serve immediately, with rice or a salad.

Recipe is from SouthernFood Online

0 comments:

Post a Comment