30 Days of Exercise
It has been a while since I have posted on PamperMe 30; I have had so much in my life change in the last nine months that I have decided to live my life very differently. It take only ONE life altering event to make you realize that you only live once and you need to make it the best life you can. With that said I have decided to get in shape, and live a healthier life style. I want to start a habit of working out daily; I heard it takes 21 days to form a habit so I have decided to begin working out everyday for 30 days, documenting each day until I have form a healthy habit of getting in shape...Wish Me Luck :)
1:01 AM

DINNER IN 30 - Day 7 BABY SPINACH OMELET


I know that an omelet does not sound like something that is made for dinner, but it can be. I am one of those people who love to eat breakfast for dinner:) I leave out so early in the morning during the week I rarely have time to make myself breakfast, so I actually eat a lot of breakfast foods for dinner. I rarely eat pancakes, bacon and eggs, waffles, or cereal for breakfast; I am always preparing these items for dinner and I love it. So today after work and running around shopping I realize that I had not given any real thought as to what was for dinner this evening. Everything I could think of required something that needed thawing time; time I really didn't have if I wanted to eat dinner at a decent hour. Then it hit me, I had just brought eggs and quite a bit of baby spinach why not make omelets. Sounds good right? :)

I went on line to find a good recipe and came across this easy and tasty omelet:)
I was a little leery about the recipe calling for nutmeg ( I have never used nutmeg in an omelet before), but I have to admit it came out really nice, all the flavors mix together were awesome:)!! Now when you look at the picture you can see I had some trouble with the flip, but all in all it came out decent. My rating is a 5 on this dish. ENJOY:)!!!

BABY SPINACH OMELET
:

* 2 eggs
* 1 cup torn baby spinach leaves
* 1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. In a bowl, beat the eggs, and stir in the baby spinach and Parmesan cheese. Season with onion powder, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
2. In a small skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat, cook the egg mixture about 3 minutes, until partially set. Flip with a spatula, and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes, or to desired doneness.


Recipe is from Allrecipes.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment